2011/01/10

Kim Ji Sun - Epilogue


I am Kim Ji Sun who is a member of “The 3rd Berge International Talent Program”. I applied this program when I was in a third grade for experiencing “real” global business which would be helpful to decide my future career. After learning and experiencing a lot from a business manner to a Spanish culture through this internship program, I could find “new me” and sure what I really want to do in the future. Now, I really appreciate to this program for giving me this valuable chance and strongly recommend this program to every student who has a challenging spirit and wants to be an “Internationally- talented-leader”!

Where I worked in
I worked for 5 weeks as an intern in IT department of “Berge Y Cia.” which is the administrative group of the corporation. Each business group such as “AUTO” and “Logistic” has its own IT administrative system and the IT department where I worked manages and supports all those groups’ IT system. So I could learn about corporations’ whole business area and organization structure. It was a great chance!

What I did
I was in charge of assisting a printer replacement project of the whole corporation. I analyzed the existing state of printing devices of the whole groups and what kind of benefits a different printing model or system could bring to the company. I used the web application for analyzing the data and conducted an on spot inspection. I also had some interviews with other groups’ IT managers to know real problem. Providing this information to the IT device providers and communicate with them through an e-mail and a telephone was also on my duty. I participated and presented at the meeting for purchasing negotiation with the IT device vendors to provide the required information. Through these experiences, I could learn corporations’ work process and global business manner.

Special Points of the Berge International Talent Program
I strongly recommend this internship program following these reasons.
First of all, I could experience “real” work process. My mentor and colleagues gave me all the chances and supported me to do my own projects independently. I could be helped and supported by them when I faced difficulties and get valuable advices. I could learn practical work skills and knowledge every moment through participating in vendor meetings, contacting with other departments’ manager and vendors, and giving a presentation to my mentor once a week etc.
Second, there are various programs which were well prepared previously for intern students. I could feel how much company consider the sakes of the students. Intern students had a high quality of “Managerial Course” and “Spanish Class” every week and these classes were really educational and instructive. We also had a chance for visiting corporations’ one of the major business group “Logistic” and could see and learn about business and real facilities. From experiencing those programs, I got an impression that company really cares intern students’ ability improvement. Besides the programs already mentioned, there were lots of fun and exciting programs. We took every week trip to other famous cities and watched Real Madrid football game.
Plus, perfect accommodation provided by the corporation and a chance to work with kind Spanish colleagues and Japanese intern students who are also a member of “The International Talent Program” are one of the reasons why I strongly recommend this program.

After the program
After finishing the program, I traveled European countries and came back to Korea. Now I am a senior in college and dreaming of working at a trading company. I took Spanish class for improving my Spanish skills and international business course on last semester. These days, I am finding opportunities for getting a job. I had a few job interviews before and interviewers were deeply interested in my internship experience in Madrid. I hope to update on my situation related to get a job in the near future!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기